Friday, May 1, 2009

Too busy riding

Okay, so I've missed a few days blogging. Not like it matters much, since I am probably the only one who reads this, but...I'll keep at it. The last week has been good. I've been able to ride every day. It has been on the cooler side, but I haven't had to bundle up too much.

The commute has been relatively tame. I did have one morning that I got a good scare, but it turned out to be nothing. I was in a lane on I-15 that exits on 53rd South. It is also a lane that has people merging on from 45th South. It's one of those that's tricky because the drivers exiting are having to move through this lane to get off at the same time and place that the drivers entering. So I'm in this lane and I decide to move to the furthest inside lane so I'm out of the way of the entering and exiting vehicles. I signaled to change to my right and as I looked over my right should to check my path a huge black vehicle comes flying past right where I'm about go. My heart jumps in my throat and I learch on the brake, at the same time to realize that it is just the shadow of the semi passing on my left, casting its shadow across my lane. What a relief. I thought I was going to be clipped, and then rear-end by my quick decleration. Fortunatley all was well. Just watch out for shadows.

On another note, I ran across a cool pic of one of my guitar heros, Neil Schone of Journey sitting on a very cool looking chopper. I don't go for choppers much, but I like this one. In truth I've always loved Journey's album art (as well as their music). I'm thinking one day I'm going to have some form of their winged beetle emblem painted on my bike. I think it would be awesome.
Here is a sample. (See more cool scarob designs at LightbrushStudio.com).

0 comments:

Post a Comment