Wednesday, April 1, 2009

New ride ideas.... And the joke continues

...as April showers continue to give way to winter fluries along the Wasatch Front. April Fool's Day is fully upon us and so are a few more inches of snow. Granted, the spring skiers are giddy for the new fluffy stuff, and I wouldn't mind a trip to the slopes right now. But, I am in a state of withdrawal haveing had no descent weather to ride in for over a week and don't forsee any improvement in the week or two to come. I do hear that Saturday may be fair. Maybe I can catch a ride between sessions of LDS General Conference.

Once again, since I am bereft of an actual ride I have been hunting for ideas to fill this space that might interest other riders...besides my own exploits. Last year I found a site that documented different motorcycle ride routes and rated them based on their characteristics (i.e., scenic, sweeping curves, twisties, and unpaved). It is at MotorcycleRoads.us and lists routes all across the nation. So if you're looking for a good road to ride check it out. your's truly even submitted a route that takes Utah highway 199 from Rush Valley to Dougway through a short mountain pass. The route is nothing too spectacular, but I thought it was a good introduction to "twisties" for a new rider. Another similar site is MotorcycleRoads.com. This site currently lists about 10 tour routes throught Utah and rates scenery, road quality and amenities. Hopefully these sites are helpful as you plan your spring break ride. Anyway, enjoy the spring weather and hope to getcher head-in-the-wind soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment