Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Snow Days or Early April Fools

So last Friday and Saturday were such beautiful spring days, one could only imagine what wonderful warm days of riding lay ahead. Of course, in Utah it is never a good idea to get your riding hopes up on the first day of spring. Spring and Winter here are kinda chummy and and they like to pull nasty pranks like 70 degree sunny days followed by 30 degree snow days the next. Oh well, one can but wish and hope.

I won't get too sad, though. We do need the water. Our snowpack levels went from 100% in February to 80% in March because of the early warm weather. I hate drought, so bring on the rain.... But, can we ease off on the snow?

Now that I've got this blog going, I'd occasionally like to post information about my bike. I'm sure some hardcore riders may question my belonging to the brotherhood because I ride a small Korean cruiser (Hyosung GV250). Well, frankly, it is all I can afford (and allowed by my wife), and it suites my skill level and needs right now. But with that said. It is probably the one of the best bikes in it's class. I really stumbled into it. I had never heard of it the day before I bought it--literally. For what it is, I have completely fallen in love with it. I'll probably share more later, but in the mean time, check out this article comparing small bikes. It was pivotal in my decision to buy this bike. In the comparison "Everyone agreed it was the only one that seemed like an "honest-to-goodness cruiser.""

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/roadtests/250cc_cruiser_comparison/index.html

0 comments:

Post a Comment